For hotel lobby lighting design, we can usually adapt the design technique of spatial visual architecture, combined with auxiliary lighting, thus transitioning the indoor and outdoor lighting environment smoothly, and creating a comfortable physical and mental experience space for visitors. The hotel lobby is the hub for guests to enter and leave the hotel, and it is also an important place to show the hotel’s class to attract guests. The functional partitions of the hotel lobby space mainly include the reception hall, service desk, guest lounge area, etc.
As the main entrance and exit of the hotel space, the reception hall mainly adopts basic lighting. The following points should be noted:
- According to the decoration requirements, personalized lamps such as large chandeliers and lanterns are generally provided to show the style of the hotel;
- Illumination: The reception hall has higher requirements to show the nobleness of the guests. At the same time, registration and other reading and writing activities are required in the hall. So the illuminance value should not be less than 300Lx. For hotels above four stars, it is recommended to add some dimming lighting fixtures;
- In general, recessed mounted downlights are used and arranged with gypsophila layout;
- Soft strip lights or rigid strip lgihts are often arranged around the pillars and walls to form the effect of hollowing the ceiling;
- Hotels above three-star level should set up guide sign lights to guide customers where they want to go.
As the first window of service exchange, it occupies the most important position in the lobby. In terms of function, in order to meet the needs of writing and communication, its illumination requirements are often higher than other areas in the lobby. The general service desk can choose the following lighting methods:
- Downlights can be used on the ceiling and arranged in rows and columns;
- Boom-type downlights are installed above the counter;
- There are signs lights above the counter of each service item, such as registration desks, inquiry desks, currency exchange offices, etc.
- Desk lamps installed on the counter or strip lights installed in the service counter;
- Small concealed slot lights are often installed at the bottom of the outside of the service counter;
- Adopt district lighting to visually separate the general service desk area from the lobby.
Guest lounge area
Provide a temporary seating place for communication and rest for visitors. Due to the needs of privacy functions, the illuminance of the lounge area should not be too high, and the integration with the surrounding environment is also an important issue the lighting designer should consider. The lighting fixtures of the lounge area are mainly the lights in the ceiling of this area. Ceiling lamps, floor lamps, and table lamps are usually set up as auxiliary decorative lighting fixtures. In order to meet the function for guests’ good rest, it is best to hide the light source to control the glare.
With over 15yeas experience in the LED lighting industry, we can not only manufacture the best quality lighting products but also provide the best hotel lobby lighting design solutions.
For any questions or need on indoor & outdoor lighting fixtures, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, YIBAI LED LIGHTING, high quality LED lights with a professional engineer team will support you within 24 hours!